Named one of the Best Fall Cookbooks 2020 by The New York Times, Eater, Epicurious, Food & Wine, Saveur, CNN Travel, The Kitchn, Chowhound, The Boston Globe, The Chicago Tribune, and many more.
"Deep and illuminating, fresh and highly informative… a most brilliant achievement." –Yotam Ottolenghi
"[A] beautiful and intelligent book." –J. Kenji López-Alt, author The Food Lab and Chief Consultant for Serious Eats.com
Aroma, texture, sound, emotion—these are just a few of the elements that play into our perceptions of flavor.
The Flavor Equation demonstrates how to convert approachable spices, herbs, and commonplace pantry items into tasty, simple dishes.
In this groundbreaking book, Nik Sharma, scientist, food blogger, and author of the buzz-generating cookbook Season, guides home cooks on an exploration of flavor in more than 100 recipes.
- Provides inspiration and knowledge to both home cooks and seasoned chefs
- An in-depth exploration into the science of taste
- Features Nik Sharma's evocative, trademark photography style
Recipes include Brightness: Lemon-Lime Mintade, Saltiness: Roasted Tomato and Tamarind Soup, Sweetness: Honey Turmeric Chicken Kebabs with Pineapple, Savoriness: Blistered Shishito Peppers with Bonito Flakes, and Richness: Coconut Milk Cake.
- A global, scientific approach to cooking from bestselling cookbook author Nik Sharma
- Dives deep into the most basic of our pantry items—salts, oils, sugars, vinegars, citrus, peppers, and more
- Perfect gift for home cooks who want to learn more beyond recipes, those interested in the science of food and flavor, and readers of Lucky Peach, Serious Eats, Indian-Ish, and Koreatown
- Add it to the shelf with cookbooks like The Food Lab: Better Home Cooking Through Science by J. Kenji López-Alt; Ottolenghi Flavor: A Cookbook by Yotam Ottolenghi, and Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat: Mastering the Elements of Good Cooking by Samin Nosrat
Format: Hardcover Pages: 352 Size: 8 X 10
ServicesInform Interiors associates are more than just “salespeople”. We are a team of passionate, knowledgeable, professionals, well-versed in interior design and architecture. We would be more than happy to assist you with space planning, furniture selections, and interiors storytelling. More information on our range of services can be found HERE.