A Chicago Public Library Best of the Best Book of 2020
A Kirkus Reviews Best Book of 2020, Picture Books
The Bear and the Moon is a picture book that follows what happens when the gift of a balloon floats into Bear's life.
The two companions embark on a journey—a magical tale that encompasses the joys of friendship and discovery.
This is a gentle book filled with humor, while tackling complex topics like the transcendence of loss and forgiveness.
- Filled with emotive text and radiant illustrations
- Simply told and profoundly felt
- Award-winning author-illustrator team
The Bear and the Moon is a compassionate tale that honors the small but profound world of the very young.
This sweet book teaches social and emotional skills to kids, and offers a clever way to soothe some of our most difficult feelings: loss and guilt.
- Just as ideal for gently soothing young readers to sleep as it is for encouraging a contemplative break from an energetic day
- Great for parents, grandparents, and caregivers looking for a beautiful friendship or bedtime story
- Resonates year-round as a go-to gift for birthdays, holidays, and more
- Perfect for children ages 3 to 5 years old
- Add it to the shelf with books like Waiting by Kevin Henkes, Emily's Balloon by Komako Sakai, and Stellaluna by Janell Canno
About the Author
Catia Chien was born and raised in São Paulo, Brazil, and now works in New York, with a view of the East River and an old pencil factory. Her children's book titles include an Ezra Jack Keats Honor winner, Things to Do, and an ALA Schneider Family Book award winner, A Boy and a Jaguar.
Matthew Burgess is an assistant professor at Brooklyn College and a poet-in-residence in NYC schools through Teachers & Writers Collaborative. His award-winning first children?s book, Enormous Smallness: A Story of E. E. Cummings, was a Junior Library Guild selection and an ALA Notable Children?s Book. He lives in Brooklyn, New York.
Size: 9.5 x 10.5"
ServicesInform Interiors associates are more than just “salespeople”. We are a team of passionate, knowledgeable, professionals, well-versed in interior design and architecture. We would be more than happy to assist you with space planning, furniture selections, and interiors storytelling. More information on our range of services can be found HERE.